Before the digital era, we all knew our customers by name and were able to make personalized recommendations to them as they entered our shops or contacted our offices. A lot has changed since then, but one thing that hasn’t is the desire for personalization. Not only does it show that you’re willing to go the extra mile for your customers, but it also makes them feel welcome and unique. Lucky for us, technology has come a long way; even if we’re marketing to thousands of prospects online, personalization in digital marketing is not only possible, it’s extremely valuable.
What Is Personalized Marketing?
Personalized marketing, also known as one-to-one marketing or individual marketing, is a marketing strategy by which businesses leverage data and digital technology to deliver individualized messages and product offerings to current or prospective customers.
Thanks to advancements in data collection, analytics, and digital devices, marketers have a lot more power to create effective and complex personalization marketing strategies.
Where Did This Trend Come From?
While it’s hard to trace the exact origins of personalization marketing, it’s fair to say that it was a consumer-driven trend. After years of irrelevant TV commercials, spammy flyers, and telemarketers that always seem to call at dinnertime, consumers said “no more!”
With that, came the demand for communications that were timely, on-point, and relevant. Combine that with the overwhelming amount of data available at our fingertips, and you have a winning strategy.
Nowadays, marketers are able to create relevant ads with more precision than ever. For companies, this spells a better brand image and less ad spend wasted, while customers are able to receive relevant messaging where and when they want it – It’s a win-win!
10 Compelling Statistics On Personalization Marketing
Wherever you look, personalized marketing communications are making waves with marketers, brands, and customers. If you need more convincing that these tactics work, all you have to do is look at these 10 statistics compiled by Forbes in 2020.
- 71% of consumers feel frustrated when a shopping experience is impersonal.
- 70% of millennials are frustrated with brands sending irrelevant emails.
- 74% of customers feel frustrated when website content is not personalized.
- 91% of consumers say they are more likely to shop with brands that provide offers and recommendations that are relevant to them.
- 83% of consumers are willing to share their data to create a more a personalized experience.
- 98% of marketers say personalization advances customer relationships.
- 89% of digital businesses are investing in personalization.
- 80% of companies report seeing an uplift since implementing personalization.
- 95% of companies that saw 3x ROI from their personalization efforts increased profitability in the year after their personalization efforts.
- 71% of consumers say a personalized experience would influence their decision to open and read brand emails.
It’s easy to see that whether you’re sending out emails, custom-tailoring your PPC campaigns, or recommending products based on your visitors’ recent activity, personalization in digital marketing has limitless potential.
Ready to win with personalization? Contact Eden Advertising to get started on your next campaign.